Hankyu Department store holds a Nordic Design Competition for New Designers
Hankyu Department Store is looking for Nordic new designers to join the NDCN, Nordic Design Competition for New Designers 2019. NDCN will give designers in Nordic countries (Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Iceland) a unique opportunity to create print designs and to test their possibilities in the Japanese market. The best designers from each country will have a change to have their design printed on T-shirts and canvas tote bags at the Nordic Fair at Hankyu Umeda Main Store in Osaka from 29 May to 4 June 2019.
What is needed?
NDCN is looking for new designers to create print designs:
- printable graphic design for T-shirts and canvas tote bags
- theme of the prints: summer
Winner from each country will receive a prize:
- 100,000 JPY(tax excluded)
- invitation to Nordic Fair 2019 at Hankyu Department Store (Osaka, Japan)
- flight tickets (home country – Osaka – home country) for 1 person
- hotel accommodation (single room) during the fair in Osaka for 1 person
An applicant should be a designer of Finnish nationality:
- who can come to Japan for the period of Nordic Fair, from Tuesday May 28th until Tuesday June 4th 2019
- who can join the fair actively such as participating live talk shows (in English), live paintings or conducting workshops (details should be discussed later)
CV must contain:
- full name
- birth date (dd,mm,yyyy)
- street address
- email address
- working/ studying history
- URL of own webpage, if any
- portrait/ ID photo
- ideas for possible workshops at Nordic Fair
Work data must be:
- PDF or JPEG format
- max. file size of 5MB
- printable size within 280mm x 300mm
- max. work size of 3800px×4000px
- min. work size of 2500px×2700px
- with a title and a short description about its concept
- up to 2 works per applicant
- with clear explanation as a separate attachment, if there's other information than above
Submission to the competition:
- started on Thursday November 1st, 2018 (UTC +9)
- ends on Sunday January 13th, 2019 (UTC +9)
Please send CV and work data by email to And Graphic Design,Inc., kawahara (at) and-gd.com.
For more information, please contact Laura Kopilow, laura.kopilow (at) businessfinland.fi
Hankyu Department Store is a Japanese department store chain owned by Hankyu Hanshin Department Stores, a subsidiary of H2O Retailing Corporation will organize the Nordic Fair in May 2019 at Hankyu Umeda Main Store in Osaka from 29 May to 4 June 2019.
The department store's Nordic Fair focuses on the Finnish Midsummer culture, selling fashion apparel, fashion accessories, design items, items, kitchen items and other Finish Lifestyle items. Besides lifestyle items, they are also interested in food and beverage products.