Singapore’s goal is to increase reuse, recycling, upcycling and other methods to tackle the waste challenge. Singaporean public sector and private companies are interested in novel solutions to help them to renew the ways they can avoid waste as well as manage and treat the waste in circular economy fashion. The Singapore government will make heavy investments over the next 2-3 years to harness synergies across the water, waste and food infrastructure landscape. They are now identifying technologies and solutions to become operational immediately and within the next 10 years.
Companies and sectors benefiting from this opportunity
- Waste handling and management
- Bio-circular companies, W2V
- Waste to energy
- Water purification
- Water waste to value
- Waste and resource management in food production and farming
Solutions or products needed
Solutions to reduce, reuse and recycle waste (domestic and industrial), e.g:
- Waste tracking and measuring
- Material extraction technologies before waste incineration
- Sludge handling
- Resouce recovery (instead of waste removal)
- Treatment of used water
- Onsite food waste sorting and recycling
- Waste to value in farms and fish farms
- Waste to energy optimization/improvement
- Solutions for Deposit Refund Scheme for packaging (2022)
- Consumer awareness and engagement
Team Finland activities available for Finnish companies
Read more about this opportunity
If Singapore matches to your strategy, roadmap and resources, apply to Nordic Water-Waste-Food Market Entry Program Singapore 2021. Team Finland Singapore, together with Nordic Innovation House Singapore and its Nordic partners, will run this market entry program online in April 2021 for Finnish and other Nordic companies. The program will be a great opportunity to learn about the waste ecosystem and to present solutions to more than 15 key ecosystem stakeholders and their networks.
For more information about Singapore's interests and our market entry program, study the details from http://bit.ly/nihsg-wwf-deck-21 slide deck, talk with Riku Mäkelä, firstname.lastname@example.org at Embassy of Finland in Singapore, and apply for your spot in the program at http://bit.ly/nihsg-wwf-apply-21 before March 8th 2021. Note that the program fee is 4000 euro to cover part of the production costs.